You have the right to pursue financial compensation for your injuries if they were caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. You can also file a claim if your loved one was killed because of someone else’s intentional or accidental negligence. Whether you have suffered a loss because of a Boston car accident, dog bite, defective product, medical malpractice or other type of accident, you will have to deal with the other party’s insurance provider.
Insurance adjusters are trained to look for reasons to deny your claim. It’s often their goal to catch you off guard or force you into contradicting yourself. While they may seem concerned for your best interests, it is their job to protect the bottom line of their employers. This is why you must use caution whenever you speak with them. Insurance adjusters may try:
- Telling you not to hire an attorney. Boston personal injury lawyers know how to handle insurance adjusters. Victims with proper representation regularly receive more compensation than those who do not know the ins and out of personal injury law.
- Promising to get you a fair settlement. Remember that adjusters are not your friends. It is their job to save their employer money. Stay vigilant and do not assume they are looking out for your best interests.
- Asking for a statement. Don’t let insurance companies record your answers and do not immediately provide a written statement. They are looking for proof that you were not seriously injured.
- Requesting full access to your medical records. You can provide your medical records as proof of your injuries, but authorizing the insurance company to obtain your complete medical records can end up being a costly mistake.
- Offering a quick settlement. Once you accept an offer, your case will close. You shouldn’t accept the first offer without first speaking with a personal injury attorney about the potential value of your claim.
There is too much at stake to risk dealing with an insurance company without help from a Boston personal injury attorney. You deserve full compensation for the injuries you have suffered. We will fight to help you secure fair compensation for your pain and suffering, future medical bills, lost wages and other related damages.